Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Magical Mac



I'm not sick of this campaign yet. Honestly, I think it's getting more clever as time passes. I get excited when I hear the music and see it's a new one.

Apple's strategy is genius. Their approach, impeccable.

Strategy: Tout Mac's superiority in an approachable way. Mac hits this nail on the head every time. Their executions are perfect. I have yet to see a Mac ad that villianizes PCs or is overtly arrogant.

I applaud the strategist and brand managers who've monitored this brand. They used humor and smart, unthreatning wit to invite the public to investigate their products. They have kept a steady stream of new Mac vs. PC ads so not to bore people by keeping the same spots running. Important to brand as Mac is constantly innovating products, it'd be off-brand if their ads were'nt doing the same.

The packaging is neat, clean and simple...for every Mac product...Just like the products. The public knows what to expect from this brand, and for that I just can't think of anything negative to say about Mac.

Professor O'Keefe taught us that every interaction with a brand is either a positive or negative deposit into the consumer's mind. Apple takes such care to make sure that these interactions are not only positive, but pleasant.

So whats more, I don't want to say anything bad about Mac.

No comments: