Saturday, May 31, 2008

Music upgrade.



The Teriyaki" Boyz. Or should I say Pharell? Whatever the combination is, this joint right here, "this joint right here!" is ridiculous.

This un-fruty-looped beat is needed right now. Im sick of this cookie cutter mess in hip-hop. I wish Soulja Boy would disappear. Bamma's garbage!...but I digress.

After getting put on to this joint, I did a lil bit of homework and found out the Teriyaki Boyz were discovered or introduced by Nigo of Bathing Apes. They also did one of the main songs on Tokyo Drift.

Not positive if they're signed to Star Trak, but if they are its a rap. That's the right branding move for these guys to make. They seem to be more 80-90's hip-hop style oriented as such, (without knowing Japanese) they seem to be bringing fun back to the game.

They're styling and the look of this video reminds me of the new rappers coming out who are a throwback to real hip-hop. Groups like The Cool Kids and Kidz in the Hall and the Teriyaki Boyz are the breath of fresh air needed in the game right now.

I miss substance and the lack of "My cars are shiny, my women are twerkin' and I shoot guns." That's play pimpin.

I need depth like this:
"I started out starvin/now they got me out here Brett Favrin'/ Tryna see if I still got it...I guess it's like a bike think about..." Andre 3000

Not:
"Yahhh! Yahhh! Yahhh!"

Clown.

No comments: